Monday, October 5, 2015

BLOCKS BEHAVING BADLY ( AKA METRO AREA)

Here we are at month number 3 in the Patchwork City block of the month at Katja's Quilt Shoppe.

For whatever reason these few blocks caused me some trouble.


This one needed ALL the stitch rippers..........and chocolate  : )


the other two went together alright


Then there was this one.  I cut the large triangle the wrong size twice!  I blame the fact I was sewing in a dimly lit hotel room while my hubby recovered from eye surgery. After all that, the cat is upside down. I'm leaving it


By now, we are getting quite a nice pile of black and white scraps. This will allow for lots of choices if you want to change things up a bit


Here they are all together.  I am loving that plum colour.
Hopefully I can get the next month's together with no mistakes : )

Enjoy your week

16 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Those are some beautiful blocks for all the trouble they gave you, Carla. Love your fabric choices!

Marie said...

Don't worry, Carla, it happens to all of us and isn't it frustrating to say the least.
Good job on your blocks and I love that blue and aqua mix, who would have thought eh?
Marie

Rike Busch said...

The blocks look amazing and sometimes good things need a bit more time. Hope your husband is doing well.
Greetings from Germany, Rike

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

They're looking marvellous!

Sarah said...

"Balcony" might not have behaved but it's a stunning block in your fabric choices!

Ioleen said...

Such beautiful blocks and I love your fabric choices.

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

Gorgeous blocks, Carla and the colours are so rich.

Ella said...

They look fabulous, though. Are you doing it as your own BOM? I'm looking for motivation to make a dent in mine.

Cath said...

I hope they work out for you in the end Carla....lovely colour choices...I just love the blues block!
Cath from Bits'nBobs

Needled Mom said...

In spite of all of the troubles you have had, they are really gorgeous. The colors are so pretty.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Well they all look really nice even if some of them gave you trouble. Such good use of color too.

Caroline said...

Oh those plum blocks, my favorite by far!

Karen H said...

The blocks look great! I love the effect of bold colours and strong contrast.

Dawn Hughes said...

This block looks complicated.... Great colours...Hope "B" is recovering, and now can see his beautiful wife.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I don't think the upside-down cat matters. Could you rotate the block anyway?
Was it the long stripe down the middle that gave you grief? I can imagine having to unpick that and resew so it lines up in the neat continuous stripe you achieved.
I hope hubby's eye is ok.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

These are stunning! I received month two in the mail last weekend and squealed with glee. It's giving me the motivation to finish the last block on month one! That said, I'm going to make sure I savor month two before I move on to month three... ;-)