Tuesday, March 15, 2016

MARCHING ALONG

My blocks are done for the two groups early this month. Yay!  For the Spelling bee group Mary asked for words relating to stitching so ...........


She wanted black and white backgrounds and I had a big piece of this print which I love.

For the Mid Century Modern group, Linda asked for little churn dash blocks with lots of red.


She also challenged us to use black to make it appear there is a hole in the block without compromising the integrity of the churndash.  These little jiggers are 4 1/2". Cute!

Well I am off and running.  The next post will hopefully be pictures of a fully stocked and ready for action knitting shop. Can hardly wait!

Enjoy your week,
Carla

13 comments:

Sarah said...

WE can hardly wait to see the new shop too! Good luck as you continue to work towards opening day!

Susan said...

I love the black and white fabric you've used in the "stitch" block! Very pretty! Good luck with the lead-up to the shop opening! You must be very excited! I wish I was closer to come and visit...

Ella said...

Yay for the shop! Also, cute blocks!

Carla said...

You always have the cutest blocks to show. I can't wait to see pictures of the shop.

Kim said...

Lovely blocks, Carla. Can't wait to see your lovely new shop stacked to the rafters with all your goodies. 'Tis getting closer.......can you feel the excitement building down here at the bottom of the world!!

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the stitch block!!! It is fabulous. I also really like those little Churn Dash blocks. I mailed mine off today and completely forgot to take a picture of them. DUH!!!

I am so looking forward to seeing the shop photos.

Edith said...

Love both of these, so creative. Love the colours in STICH and the little black bits in churn dash are fun.

Karen H said...

Love, love, love your churn dash blocks. The little bits of black add drama without the block reading as "black". It grounds the block I think!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your bee blocks are wonderful, as always! Love your "black holes." Can hardly wait to know more about your new venture. :)

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love all your blocks. Guess I better get started.

Karen S said...

Well done completing the blocks early. They look great.

lindaroo said...

Those sweet little churn dash blocks are for me, and I love them! Thank you, I don't know how you manage with the excitement of your shop opening!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I'm completely amazed that you are still sewing with all that you have going on... You rock!